This is especially for you young moms that wonder if your little ones will ever be independent. Thomas called from school this week to see how I was feeling. The conversation went something like this:
"Do you have anything planned for dinner?"
"No, is there something special you want?"
"Do you feel up to making dinner?"
"No, it's been an especially rough day."
"How about I hurry home and make you dinner before I have to leave for my activity?"
"That's sweet honey, but you shouldn't have to go to school all day and then come home and make dinner for the family because I've been in bed all day!"
"Well, what if I want to?"
"Ok"
So, he and Laura came home, made a wonderful dinner and ran out the door to their activity without even eating...they didn't have time.
Thank you, Thomas, for taking care of me. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am talking in church tomorrow about what you did right to get such an amazing son. All your kids are amazing.
Makes me cry tears of joy to read this.
That warms my heart! You need to list your secrets for raising such GREAT kids!
I hope that happens to me someday! You guys did something right. Good job Thomas.
Post a Comment