Saturday, September 20, 2008

The love of my life

Happy Birthday Lane!
16 Sept 60
I think so often about the many things I love about my husband, the many ways he blesses my life, my intense gratitude that we have been sealed for eternity.

So, my love, here's a partial, very partial, list of the things I love about you. There are 48 actually, because you're 48.

They're not in any specific order...

1 He loves the Lord and will serve Him in any capacity
2 He provides for our family temporally & spiritually
3 He is incredibly teachable
4 He'll admit when he's wrong and is quick to apologize
5 He can fix anything!
6 Loves me unconditionally
7 His dedication to his patients is inspiring
8 He kisses me good bye in the morning
9 He massages my neck
10 He rubs my feet
11 We pray together morning & night
12 He is committed to improving
13 He dates his daughters
14 He dances with his daughters
15 He keeps the garage floor clean
16 Our cars are always maintained
17 He washes my car
18 When he mows the lawn, he edges!
19 We go to nice restaurants
20 He interviews our children and knows them well
21 We gather as a family for scriptures & prayer nightly
22 We have an openhouse policy for friends & family
23 He works on the kid's friends cars with them,
teaching and talking

24 He's a good driver
25 We love road trips
26 He's a marvelous role model for our sons
27 I don't know if there's anyone who loves babies
more than Lane does!

28 He holds me when I cry
29 He takes over when I fall down
30 He gave my talk for me in church!!
31 He's man enough to cry, show his tender emotions
32 He walks with me...long or short, shuffle or brisk,
or anywhere in between

33 He helps me focus on the eternal perspective
34 We love projecting together
35 He's a good cook, mmmmm!
36 He's very forgiving
37 And incredibly patient with me
38 There are no secrets in our marriage
39 He's a great 'mom' when he needs to be
40 He allows chocolate week & too much ice cream
41 Family time is top priority
42 He's a good snuggler
43 He honors his priesthood
44 He gives us priesthood blessings, always ready
45 He loves to go to the temple
46 He laughs at me :-) even if I'm not so funny!
47 We play games together, you name it, we play it
48 He loves being a dad...and is a wonderful one!
Our children are very blessed

1 comment:

Klin said...

Happy Belated Lane! Sorry I missed it.