first grade in Payson. I adore her! Lucy just turned a year old. While she doesn't talk yet, she communicates very well.
This was not a "let's take Lucy outside and see if she likes it" experience. This was a "Lucy sitting by the door, playing patiently with the door stop, begging to go outside!" It was a cold but beautiful day, so I took her out. Maybe I don't remember correctly but I thought babies didn't like grass, leaves, and such. Lucy loves textures and the outside variety is no exception!
She crawled across the sidewalk from the grass to the flower beds. She took the petals off the geraniums and scattered them. She was quite tempted to taste all of nature but quickly spat out whatever she had.She was especially enchanted with the crunch of the fall leaves. She'd crawl speedy quick then pause to take it all in, then off again to another part of the yard all with lots of squeals of delight.
Stephen found a praying mantis to look at. Lucy wanted to touch it but it was dying and very cold so she just looked. She loves animals and gets very animated when she sees them.Speaking of animated....while I was typing this she crawled over to be held. I picked her up and scanned through all the photos of her to see which ones I wanted to post. Oh my goodness! She was all smiles and giggles! She likes herself :-) This is a happy baby! I am the luckiest auntie on earth!
I love to watch her discover God's creations!
No comments:
Post a Comment