Now Thomas and the envelope wait for the gathering. As mentioned in the previous post, Lane and I were in Salt Lake with the girls at the temple...the appointed opening time - 6:00 pm
We were a little late getting home, we were greeted by the gathered...
some attending via cell phones...
we've all waited so long for this moment
15 months and 20 days...
Through it all Thomas has been totally steadfast, dedicated and focused. Through delays, more appointments, more information, more
15 months and 20 days...
Through it all Thomas has been totally steadfast, dedicated and focused. Through delays, more appointments, more information, more
time, more schooling,
more living away from home,
more living away from home,
one more psych evaluation, stability, determination
and more of the same.
and more of the same.
Then there was the holiday weekend to delay the mail!
At last, reading his mission call with all the emotion of a man of God, eager and ready to serve...
Richmond, Virginia
Here he comes!
You're going to love him!
He enters the MTC
April 1, 2009
Here he comes!
You're going to love him!
He enters the MTC
April 1, 2009
And steadfast right along with him, his greatest support, Laura. We love them both more than words can possibly express.
They are tremendous examples to all of us.

10 comments:
Is this a mission call? Where was he called? Please share more info. for all of us who are connected from a distance!
Dear Ferrins-
This was one of the sweetest memories of my life. The Spirit was so strong. I was really touched. Thanks for allowing me to be part of that extraordinary day.
Thomas-
You are such a great example! You will be missed so much. But, we just couldn't be more excited or proud of you. You are going to be a stellar missionary. You have so many wonderful talents to draw on.
Good luck.
Congrats to Thomas. I am so excited for him.
I love how you celebrate Amelia's birthday. It's a great idea.
We go to the temple this week. Looking forward to it.
Yay! Congratulations Thomas!
Yay!!!!! Richmond, VA!!! One of my closest girl friends went there on her mission...then she married someone there and now she lives there (she's from Provo & was in our stake) Anywho, maybe he'll get to visit with them while he is out!!
Congrats! He will only be like 4 hours from us! I wonder if we are in his area?!?!! so exciting!
Oh, congratulations to everyone! To Thomas for receiving a mission call and being willing and prepared to serve, to mom and dad Ferrin for raising such a handsome, amazing young man, and to the whole family who are about to embark on another wonderful experience supporting a missionary! (How did he get so big and old? I swear I'm not changing...why is everyone else growing up so fast?)
And who is Laura????
Hi Denise! Abbie and I were talking about blogs today-and she told me your blog address. Can I just say how much I LOVE your family--especially that Abbie of yours??? THanks for all you've done for our family!
xoxo -
our blog is lindseyandjohn.blogspot.com
Congrats on your much awaited mission call!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment