Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fun at the game center

On New Year's Eve we took a trip to BYU to play skee ball and go bowling. Skee ball was broken and there were no lanes for bowling. Plan B. We'll just play games for the thirty minutes we have....Kirkwoods came with us and made it even more fun!
I don't know if Scott and Amy have ever played Air Hockey with the girls but we did (it wasn't broken!) and they loved it!




I would have NEVER let one of my children get on the hockey table! I'm terribly indulgent. I hope my sis doesn't pay for this one! Sorry sis, I'll do better at giving them boundaries...


Jody walked around with a pocket full of quarters. Hannah took hers and went straight for the basketball toss. In go the quarters and the fun begins. That was hysterical, I assure you! She'd finish one activity and immediately scan the room for the next spot of adventure.
Hannah is so delightful to be around. It's very apparent that her body is NOT keeping up with her mind. She wants to be involved in everything. So, we treat her like she's five and then there are no powers struggles. Don't underestimate her!
Lucy was just as energetic in search for new fun. Skee Ball is just the standard activity! What to do when it's not an option??? She loved hunting and air hockey...it's fun to watch her "get" it. She new exactly how the game worked and gave it all her concentration.

What an exhilarating and exhausting thirty minutes! Thanks for sharing your sweet girls, we love 'em!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

amy shakes said...

It is a known fact that you have to be indulgent if you want to contend for "Favorite Auntie." Thanks for taking the girls for a night out!

Klin said...

Being indulgent is practice for grandkids :)

Sounds like a fun night. I enjoyed just reading it.

Jody said...

What a fabulous time. This will be one of the memories that will be with me forever (ha ha I hope so. You just never know with my mind---I hope I have this memory forever) Thanks for letting us tag along.