Lucy has a cute little go-to-bed routine, or did until yesterday. I have to explain. After a clean diaper I lay her in bed and hold her bottle (yes, she's old enough to do it but that doesn't fit into the routine!) While she drinks she snuggles a blanket and runs her fingers through her whisps of hair. It's a precious indulgence.
Yesterday, she held her bottle herself! So I puttered around not wanting to leave the bottle in her bed during her nap. When she was finished with it she handed it to me, laid down and went to sleep.
Today, it was different still. She let me rock her to sleep with her bottle. I don't think there is anything more sastifying than holding a sleeping baby. I wanted to hold her forever but knew I needed to put her in bed so she could have a full nap. I rocked her for just a few more minutes while expressing gratitude to my Heavenly Father for being a part of Lucy's life and having the trust of her dear parents. Another tender mercy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment